Wednesday 24 October 2012

Archery Fun!!

Ever since I saw ikatbag's most awesome Archery party and fantastic tutorials I knew I had to have a go at making the boys and arrows! With a bit of a push from my friend Nic who beat me to it with her girls, I got myself off to Wicks and bought the PVC pipe, pipe insulation and other bits and bobs needed and then raided Dan's tool box! I had a fantastic morning and thoroughly enjoyed making 4 sets of bows each with 3 arrows. 
Then off to the park we went! We met some friends with older boys down there and that certainly helped as Joplin is very reluctant to take advice from him Mummy, but peer advice and another Mummy's help (thanks Marie!) gave results!


 Peter really got the hang of it and I'm glad the arrows were soft tipped as he has quite a good shot at people's bottoms!!!



The arrows certainly could fly!
 We finished off at the climbing tree (or was it Thunderbird 5!) .

No comments:

Post a Comment