Saturday 16 November 2013

Halloween

There were lots of parts to halloween this year which is why I have been a little slow in making a post of it!!
One of my favourite activities was the bubbling cauldrons I cooked up with the boys!
 THe Cauldrons came from the pound shop filled with sweets I used for my halloween parties! I popped a few drops of green food colouring in the bottom of each and then asked the boys to first spoon in some bi-carb and then pour in a cup of vinegar. The results were of the definite hubble bubble variety and the boys loved it!


Another fun activity was bath bomb making! Basically 2 parts bi-carb to 1 part citric acid, food colouring, a few tea spoons of olive oil and a couple of sprays of water. We also added dried lavender from the garden and a few drops of food colouring. Pressed into ghostly silicon moulds and dried for a day, then lots of fizzing fun at bath time! 
We later repeated the experiment with scented bath oil instead of olive oil and sneaked in bath confetti half way through the mould process to combine halloween baths with firework night!


 Yes it should have probably been orange but the bath oil I like is blue!!
It was exciting when the bath confetti stars fizzed out (more so than the fire works we later tried that had been sitting in the garage at least a year!). I probably would evenly space them a bit more next time though for a better explosion!


I was working at a local shopping centre in Leamington Spa making halloween balloons for Spangles Restaurant on Halloween itself but the boys came with me with Jess our babysitter,  and had lots of fun - and lots of food and treats! They loved their eyeball sunday! 







The boys looked so cute in their outfits!

 We then went off trick or treating! Well we started anyway - on the 3rd house we ended up at my friend Jane's who has a little boy the between age of my 2 and they started to play so beautifully, and Jane had just opened a bottle of wine so we didn't get much further! I find the exciting part of trick or treating though is the going out on a night time adventure rather than the asking for sweets part so we had fun!


Over all a great Halloween! Even the fairies had a witchy visitor!
Oh - here's my pumpkin this year....

And here is Eden's ...
We used the some of the reduced pumpkins after halloween (10p each!!) with pin, golf tees and elastic bands to talk about shapes (triangles and squares) and just have some good hammering fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment